Marie-Michèle is a Ph. D. student in psychoéducation, supervised by Marc J. Lanovaz and Pierrich Plusquellec. She holds a scholarship from the Fonds de recherche du Québec-Société et culture (FRQSC) for her doctoral studies. She is a regular member representative on the board of directors of the Québec Association for Behaviour Analysis (QcABA).
Thesis title: Evaluation of the effects of a behavioral intervention on stress reduction through repetitive and stereotyped behaviors in nonverbal children with a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
Research Interests: Autism spectrum disorders, generalization, evaluation and treatment of stress with non-verbal children, applied behavior analysis (ABA).
- Lanovaz, M. J., Huxley, S., & Dufour, M.-M. (2017). Using the Dual-Criteria Methods to Supplement Visual Inspection: An Analysis of Nonsimulated Data. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis. 50, 662-667. doi: 10.1002/jaba.394
- Chebli, S. S., Lanovaz, M. J., & Dufour, M.-M. (2016). Generalization following tablet-based instruction in children with autism spectrum disorders. Journal of Special Education Technology. 32, 70-79. doi: 10.1177/0162643416681499
- Dufour, M.-M., & Lanovaz, M. J. (2016). Comparing two methods to promote generalisation of receptive identification in children with autism spectrum disorders. Developmental Neurohabilitation, 20, 463-474. doi: 10.1080/17518423.2016.1211191
- Lanovaz, M. J., Dufour, M.-M., & Shah, S. G. (2015). Newspaper coverage of autism treatment in Canada: Ten-year trends (2004-2013). Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, 60, 329-333.
- Dufour, M.-M., & Lanovaz, M. J. (2014). Compte rendu du livre « L’enfant autiste – Stratégies d’intervention psychoéducatives » de Suzanne Mineau et al. Revue de psychoéducation, 43, 425-428.
Selected Research Presentations:
- Dufour, M.-M., Chebli, S. S., & Lanovaz, M. J. (2016, May). Promoting generalization in children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Poster session presented at the 4th symposium international Autism spectrum disorder : From genes to intervention organisé par le CHU Ste-Justine et CIRENE Brain Development Series, Montréal, Québec.
- Dufour, M.-M., & Lanovaz, M. J. (2015, May). Newspaper coverage of behavior analytic and alternative treatments for autism in Canada. Poster session presented at the 41st annual convention of the Association for Behavior Analysis International, San Antonio, Texas.
- Dufour, M.-M., & Lanovaz, M. J. (2014, May). Is concurrent or serial teaching promote a better generalization of learning in children with an autism spectrum disorder? Poster session presented at the 40th annual convention of the Association for Behavior Analysis International, Chicago, Illinois.